Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Where can I find car seat ratings in an easy to read format? I would like to compare them before I b

We are looking at the Britax line but I would also like to compare some others. The Evenflo Triumph looks so comfortable compared to the Britax.



I was wondering if I should splurge to get one that holds children up to 65lbs but when I look at the car seat, I don't see how a kid that big could possibly sit comfortable in that small thing! Any advice? Does it convert into something else to hold bigger children or do they just fit in there just fine? Also, do you still use the 5pt harness system or do you use a seat belt in it when they get older. I don't want to waste money if my child won't be comfortable or won't want to sit in something like that when he's bigger.



Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!



Where can I find car seat ratings in an easy to read format? I would like to compare them before I buy...?free adware remover



Consumer Reports is not considered an accurate source of information for carseat ratings. I have gained my best car seat information from reading and asking questions at www.car-seat.org.



As for the 65 pound Britax seats (Marathon, Decathlon and Boulevard). Yes, they are worth the extra expense. The can be installed rear facing to 33 pounds (extended rear facing - past 20lbs/12 months is highly recommended) and forward face to 65 pounds or until the child's shoulder's are above the highest harness slots - for many kids this could mean until age 5. The 65 pound Britax seats are not 3-in-1 seats, they do not convert to a belt positioning booster once the child has outgrown the harness. There are very few seats on the market that can do both tasks well and none that can rear face, forward face and act as a booster well. They are safe and adequate for all tasks but personally I don't just want safe and adequate for my children - I want safest and best. You will need a booster seat once your child grows out of any harnessed seat, including a 65 lb Britax seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment