Friday, August 20, 2010

In memory of...?

Do you think the ashs are a good thing? i think someone would try to steal them and sell em on the black market.



LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- The image of Barbaro blazing down the stretch at Churchill Downs, all four hooves off the ground as the powerful bay colt crushed the field in the 2006 Kentucky Derby, is seared in Roy Jackson's memory.



It's the way Jackson prefers to think of Barbaro, whose thunderous surge left a field of 19 fellow 3-year-olds in his wake and whose courage after a breakdown at the Preakness two weeks later made him an icon.



When it came time to decide how best to honor the horse, who was euthanized on Jan. 29, 2007 from complications of the breakdown, there was only one place Roy Jackson and wife Gretchen felt Barbaro would feel at home: a short gallop from the site of his greatest triumph.



Barbaro's ashes and a bronze statue will be placed in front of an entrance gate at Churchill Downs sometime in 2009. The Jacksons announced plans for the memorial



In memory of...?free spyware remobal



Barbaro was one of my favorite race horses!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't really get what your talking about??? Barbaro will always be in my prayers! I watched every document on him and he was all over the news and every thing. I love the way he was undefeated and he sorrowed down the track like he knew from the moment he left the gate he was going to win. I always watch the races. I am big on the horse races, at my local race track they put the lead chane under the horses top lip. It's really sad to see! They do this so the horse will not rear or anything. This also makes it hard for them to breath! I feel really bad but, I can't really do anything about it so I just pray they will be ok.



  • click on ie icon on desktop
  • howcanigetmyhusband
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment