Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Prime the carbs?

My 05 triumph America has been sitting for months, and will not start now. has 820 miles on it.. Engine turns over ok. I think the carbs may have to be primed to get the gas flowing again???or maybe the bat. is not giving enough spark. how do I prime the carbs if that is the problem, maybe a safety switch stuck?



Prime the carbs?security



The gasoline in your float bowls (and your gas tank) has turned bad unless you used a gas stabilizer like Stabil. You should drain the float bowls and siphon the tank dry. Add fresh gasoline to the tank and let-r-rip.



Prime the carbs?trojan



ACK!! sounds like I could have had a problem. Thankfully after I added 2 gallons of fresh gas it started up.



Thanks all for your help..now to find a buyer for the bike or some one to ride it once a week for me (my back went). I Love the bike, my compressed disks don't...J.R. Report It


OOPS sounds like fuel has turned to gunk in carb,



if you are lucky you may get away with just draining the carbs if fuel in tank smells ok,



just pray jets are not blocked up, some times easy start sprayed into carb intake will pull fuel through



  • click on ie icon on desktop
  • howcanigetmyhusband
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment